Friday, June 12, 2015

Deadhorse

Long day, and low on battery. I normally charge my battery pack that I use to recharge all of my devices by plugging it to the bike during the day. Today that plug was used by the electric gloves. So a photo dump with brief descriptions, then more later. And yes, bringing a 110V USB charger would have been a damned fine idea.

Me, sporting my bitchin' on-clearance goose down vest.

Look, people, if you're going to walk your dog around the Arctic Circle campground, please pick up after it. Wait a minute...this just in: it's not dog poop. (Moose poop, I'm pretty sure.)

Two things that don't suck when you're at the Arctic Circle: a BMW R1200GSA and a Hilleberg tent.

Me, the bike, and the Alaska Pipeline.

Coldfoot, AK

In the vicinity of Atigun Pass. 28F, which is why I can't charge my phone.

Somewhere along the pipeline

I promised no more bad jokes about female motorcycles. I never came close to using the spare fuel, BTW. I had 160 miles left when I got Deadhorse. I'll keep it full in case someone else is in trouble and just give it to them.

End of the road, folks. The two other GSA bikes just like mine belong to to two guys from Mexico.

What $169 buys you at the Prudhoe Bay hotel. The lady at the desk said the price, described the room, then paused. "Are you fine with that?" I guess she was waiting for me to blink or something. Look, I wasn't expecting the Hilton.

Must save battery to call my lovely wife. More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, no matter what the price. My, look at the dirt; looks familiar. Our RV, truck & and everything in them looked like that when we went. But, so does everything up there; fit right in. Mexico? Biked all the way? Beautiful scenery. Popular souvenir: moose poop jewelry, no kidding. Katherine would love some earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are heading back - guess we won't call. Sorry we missed call last nite - asleep. Enjoy the ride, the scenery and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete